Ocracoke Light was built in Hyde County, on Ocracoke Island, North Carolina (outer Banks) in 1823 by Massachusetts builder Noah Porter. The lighthouse stands 75 feet tall (23 m). Its diameter narrows from 25 feet at the base to 12 feet at its peak. The lighthouse is made of lumber, mortar, stone, and brick. Construction started in 1798 and today is located at this address: Lighthouse Rd, Ocracoke, NC 27960.
February 12th, 2014
Viewed 374 Times - Last Visitor from White Plains, NY on 12/08/2023 at 5:10 AM