In 1869, a stately red brick lighthouse was constructed at the mouth of the Esopus Creek at Saugerties, replacing an original 1835 structure. After being decommissioned in 1954, the lighthouse deteriorated. Today, the restored working lighthouse welcomes visitors for tours and overnight B&B accommodations.
May 20th, 2016
Viewed 640 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 12/08/2023 at 8:05 AM