Stony Point Lighthouse, the oldest on the Hudson River, marked the entrance to the Hudson Highlands for nearly a hundred years. Built of blue split stone in 1826, the lighthouse is a three-story octagonal structure sited on a promontory on the western shore where the Hudson River narrows above Haverstraw Bay. A fourth-order Fresnel lens, c.1850 has been restored to the lantern room, making the historic lighthouse fully operational, although no longer an aid-to-navigation.
May 20th, 2016
Viewed 442 Times - Last Visitor from Williamsburg, VA on 12/06/2023 at 5:20 AM